CARING FOR MERINO WOOL
All KenDor merino wool is machine or hand washable. Dry cleaning is optional but not required.
To machine wash:
- Use wool or delicate cycle on your machine.
- Use cool/cold water
- Wash dark colours separately
- Use a wool approved detergent (like Softly) or use normal detergent, but do NOT use one with a fabric softener, whitener or bleach
- Hang dry or dry flat in shade away from direct sunlight if possible. To avoid shrinkage, NEVER tumble dry
- Cool iron if required
Some Do Nots:
- Do Not soak
- Do Not use hot water
- Do Not use soaps, spot cleaner, whiteners, bleach or fabric softener. Bleach or whitening laundry products are too harsh for the natural wool fibers and you may end up with these products eating away at the fibers which can cause holes.
With any fabric, there may be some steam and/or wash shrinkage in width and/or length. We can advise the mills expected shrinkage but you need to test it for your specific garments prior to production.